Monday, May 21, 2012

#46

...of the top fifty dance spaces in Gauteng... And in this post we shall tackles the top places not to go and dance.

Tiger Tiger/Billy the Bum in Garsfontein area.

This was the type of dance place that I was first introduced to when I was a wee one and I now look back and realise just why I did not like to "go out" for the night.

Who ever, I wonder, thought that it would be a good idea to make people dance to the music that was playing? Throughout the whole night, three good songs were played: Nena 99 Red Balloons, MJ The Way You Make Me Feel, and then just as I was leaving, a god hip hop song thumped invitingly over the speakers.

The music is quite un-dance-able, so you end up swaying awkwardly in a corner. The other option is to get severely drunk and then stumble about everywhere, meaning you have eliminated the need to attempt to dance to the music or in some other way pass the time.

We all went to said establishment as part of a farewell to a dear capoeira crew member. So myself and some other good-music-lovers sacrificed our ears to spend time with him. And it was a good evening.

I will just not be going there again.

My final poke of fun at Tiger Tiger: I think this poster advertising a promotion speaks volumes as to the type of place it was... (http://www.billythebums.co.za/home.php)

No comments:

Post a Comment